Deer Hunting Forums banner

Michigan Bow Hunt

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Only have about a week to get stuff ready. Leaving around Oct 3rd for a week of bow hunting in the UP of Michigan. I need freezer meat bad so any mature doe or legal buck would start the season off right for me.

#6 ·
3212 where do you hunt in PA? I've been hunting the Clearfield, Duboise area for 38 seasons. This year will mark the 39th. I'll be there in early Nov for pre-rut and hunt till the 11th for full rut bow hunting. I flintlock in late season when the buck tag is still on my back!

G
#8 ·
Huntingman,I hunt south of State College on wooded ridges above farmland.I am new to muzzleloader hunting and only have a flintlock.I can use the .243 as a senior hunter on the last three days of muzzleloader season.

#12 ·
Evolution of PA deerhunting

When I was a kid the most successful deerhunters traveled to Potter county to hunt cutover timberlands.Those areas have matured with lots of shade and less food.The areas I hunt are further south near farmland.Access can be difficult,but there is a fair amount of state land near active cropland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.