Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Two Great weekend hunts
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
B&C 180 Class

WhoDat- that's awesome man! Congrats to your two boys! I can not wait till I can take my kiddos hunting- they are still a little young, 4 and 1.

I was going to suggest euro mount if you wanted to do it yourself, but if you are wanting to do an actual deer mount, I would strongly suggest you to take it to a professional. Now, I realize those can be costly, but many of them will allow you to make payments on it. Most require you to put down 1/2 the money when you drop it off and the rest is due when you pick it up. I don't have that kind of money laying around at my house, so I realize that may be hard to do. Just like anything, all taxedermists are different in prices. Do a websearch and find some old timer out in the sticks that does them for 1/2 the cost as the big timers. ??

I'm just saying I wouldn't trust myself with that type of job.. I'd end up messing it all up. But maybe you are more talented in that area. Good luck to you either ways.