Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Two Great weekend hunts
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Two Great weekend hunts

Youth Season opened on Sept.8th here in Kansas. My sons and I reworked our lease the week before exactly 7 days before and I was worried that I may have messed up the youth season for my oldest son. We get in the stand at 6 am on opening morning and sure enough when the sun lit the sky a nice Doe was standing out there at 80 yards waiting for his (my sons) shot. He took his first Deer a pretty Doe at 6:36 am. Pictured below,

Fast forward 7 days and it is my 12 year olds turn to hunt we learned patience on this trip hunted all day minus the hour lunch break. Then at 7:30 pm a nice BUck walked out and my 12 year old was able to harvest his first deer . Which I am trying to decide "How" to mount I have never mounted one of mine I do Euro mounts myself but have always promised my boys I would Mount their first Bucks. So I am open to ideas here what makes a good mount???

Best two hunts of my life not ashamed to say My eyes got a little watery watching my sons responsibly and cleanly take two beautiful deer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg davidsdeer.jpg (28.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg eriksdeer.jpg (43.2 KB, 21 views)