Deer Hunting Forums banner

my season over before it started

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
Got hurt at work a few months ago and been seeing a doc.have had meds,steroid shots and phical therapy. None was helping so doc decided to do a MRI. Well now I met with the surgon the other day,waiting on surgery to be scheduled. One of my muscles that attach to elbow and goes to hand got tore half into. Surgon said he will have to cut it loose at the tendon were it attachs to elbow bone and remove a section.said it will grow back and reattach,then back to PT. Im sure by the time I can even think about pulling a bow string it will be well into gun season at best:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

#5 ·
I agree that does stink and I wish you a speedy recovery as well, a crossbow might help but seems like a big expense for a temp. situation.

#8 ·
I'm sure it's nothing you're looking forward to but the sooner they get it fixed the sooner it can Heal.
I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery time.
Good Luck

#9 ·
Best of luck to you. Make sure you follow the doctor's orders about how much you can do and when you can do it. This is just me talking, I'd do anything, with-in the doctor's ok to hunt and not loose a season. If I had to sit on the ground, whatever it took. Another idea might be to sit in the woods with a camera just to occupy your mind you while you heal. Gun season hopefully allows you to get in a partial season. Good luck on the surgery!

#12 ·
Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope everything recovers well and the surgery goes smooth. After I had surgery on my elbow the doc told me to not pick up anything heavier than a phone book for 6 weeks! Hopefully they have advanced in the procedure in the past few years.

#15 ·
somewhat, surgery part was ok,but when they knocked me out my jaw locked up and they pulled some teeth loose trying to pry my mouth open for breathing tube.i had to ask what happened.they came and told me,then said they will pay for any dental work needed and dont have to pay for surgery.well its work comp so that dont help me any:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.