Deer Hunting Forums banner

Pike

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunting Man 
#1 ·
Wish I had a camera before I caught a bunch of smallmouth and white bass canoeing on the Allegany River and my boy hooked a bigger pike but the darn thing broke the line. Went fishing after work and I have a pic of this bad boy. He hammered a topwater rubber weedless popper. Came out of nowhere like a freight train.

See less See more
#2 ·
I love pike fishing. The water wolf as they are named are a great fighting fish as well as a great fish to eat. The cold Canadian lakes we fish make for tasty meals. When asked whats it like to catch a really big one I respond it's like tying a rope on a jeep and trying to stop it with a rod and reel. Catching a 20+ lb pike rivals the adrenalin of taking of a trophy buck. I leave Friday for Canada and hopefully will post some pictures of the adventure when I return. Congrats TG! Nice fish.

#4 ·
That's a nice one TG, I caught a pike last week but mine was 1/2 that size but even at 1/2 that size they're still fun reelin' in! :w00t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.