Deer Hunting Forums banner

Tenderlion

12K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Belinda0622 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any good recipes for venison tenderloins?

#2 ·
this is the finest cut of meat i like mine broiled till medium rare with just a salt and pepper rub the cut is so tender and juicy i think adding anything to it robs it of the true flavor

#6 ·
I tend to marinade just to change flavor time to time. Bacon wrap always good. Olive oil/course black pepper/garlic/rosemary/ and yes time, will give you a very nice tasting meat on the grille or in the oven. Moderation in all spices generally will yield best results.
For the backstrap: I like to 1/4" cut dip in egg/milk roll in cracker crumbs and bake on cookie sheet at 400* flipping once till meduim rare. This is great.
However, the very best part of the deer: neck roast in slow cooker for 10-12 hours! It just don't get any better than that.

#7 ·
One more: I use my pressure cooker a lot. 60 minutes with the meat (large roasts) and liquid. Then de-pressurize, add the veggies, and just bring the cooker to first rattle (steam release) and shut down & enjoy. For the liquid, I use soy, teriyaki marinade, worchester sauce, garlic, onion, water, course black pepper.The meat will fall apart, the veggies will be done. I do this at work for lunch. I have a big pressure cooker that takes 3-4 lg roasts and a lot of veggies, small cookers amy take less time.

#11 ·
amen to that. Flavor is only what the chewer tastes, everyone has different tastes. Not saying one is better than another, but what what would barbeque ribs be without the sauce? Plain jane ribs! Now if I take and marinade those ribs for 24 hrs with all the right spices, and add the sauce during the slow cooking, they will tatse like a million bucks. Cooking is an art, some are good some not so good.

#13 ·
here is how we do it in the south...lol butterfly the whole loin. stuff with sausage, cream cheese, jalapino (sp) peppers, onion, and garlic,. Roll up wrap in bacon and tooth pick. Put it in a smoker or away from the heat on a grill cook until the bacon is done. dosn't get any better than this.

#14 ·
that sounds great

#16 ·
I like a light coating of Montreal Seasoning and then wrap in bacon with toothpicks. Toss on the hot grill for 15-ish minutes and scarf it down.

As a note: My wife who would never touch venison years ago now asks me to cook it often. She seen a show a few months ago on how cows were mistreated in the slaughter process and has boycotted beef. She wants me to fill the freezer with as much venison I can hunt down to replace beef. She wants me to hunt more,more,more. I am now in hunting heaven.

#18 ·
As a note: My wife who would never touch venison years ago now asks me to cook it often. She seen a show a few months ago on how cows were mistreated in the slaughter process and has boycotted beef. She wants me to fill the freezer with as much venison I can hunt down to replace beef. She wants me to hunt more,more,more. I am now in hunting heaven.
It gets no better than that!!

#17 ·
i found that people who never had venison before love it when you make tacos out of ground venison

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Marinated Backstrap

Cut meat into desired size pieces. Pour 1 cup A1 steak sauce into gallon size bag along with 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup worcheshire sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon ceyenne, if you like a smoke flavor you can add 1 teaspoon liquid smoke as well. Put meat into bag with liquid mixture. Let sit in frig over night or for at least 4 hours.

Cook in hot butter, bacon grease or canola oil to desired doneness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.