Deer Hunting Forums banner

Safety Restraints and harnesses

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbear 
#1 ·
Guys, I'm shortly going to go out for my first archery season and falling out of a tree is not on my bucket list!
I see the ads on tv for the Hunters Safety System with the body harness and the spring mounted? thing that lets you down to the ground.
Do they actually work as well as shown? What should I expect from one?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
daddus
Any other competing systems up and coming that are good?

#3 ·
Daddus
I use the hunter safety system. I do not use the self lowering system one though I think mine is the tree stalker I will not go in a stand with out one Know a few too many people that have got seriously injured falling out of their stand (luckily no deaths) I know they are expensive but I look at what I spend on my guns, bows, stands & think what is my life worth (well it may not be worth much) but what is it cost you if you do has an accident more then $100-$200 bucks probably the cheapest piece of equipment I carry. Nice feature mine has is it comes with a deer drag that clips to the back (undo the leg starps first) it pulls fairly easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.