Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Remington Model 7 -vs- 700
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:08 AM
B&C 120 Class

I did a little reading on field testing done with the Model 7, and the general concensus is "a great rifle with all the quality expected from Remington". The worst comment made was that the bolt was a touch sticky, that's not necessarily inherent but can be from a few different things. The most impressive attribute was the accuracy, one tester had 1" groups at 200 yds, and did it multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. He was using the gun in 22-250. Also mentioned was the really good trigger, comes at 3.5 lbs and is adjustable 2 lbs up or down. All in all, impressive enough for me, and at about 6.5 lbs would be a great "haul around the mountains" gun.
PS: On another note, this months Outdoor Life magazine has a real good rifle review, included was the new Ruger American and it was rated as good as some rifles costing 3 times as much. Pretty impressive. I know GFDeputy loves the one(or ones) that he recently bought. Another really nice "affordable" rifle since they redid it is the Weatherby Vanguard 2. MSRP of $600, probably buy for around $525? Supposedly really smooth bolt, good trigger and super accurate.