Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Rifle Fit
Thread: Rifle Fit
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Rifle Fit

A recent thread got on the subject of people mounting scopes and sighting-in rifles for other hunters. This is OK for a starting point, but should definitely not be the way to enter the woods for hunting. There are so many variables that effect shooting in the configuration of the rifle-scope-anatomy matchup, that doing this for someone else and getting it right has as much chance as winning the lottery! There's no such thing as one size fits all. I have had to modify all of my rifles for length of pull and scope ring height as well as focus and eye relief. I am currently working on an adjustable cheek piece that can be switched from rifle to rifle so that I can get a rock-solid mount-to-face with eye in perfect alignment with scope. This not only improves accuracy, but acquisition of target. Let's hear about your feelings on this important piece of the shooting/hunting equation. (By the way, the new Ruger American has a removable/adjustable cheek piece available. I think the only current model with such an offering.)-