Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - What height is everyone's gunsafe???
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Karl.Luhr
B&C 140 Class

Sad fact, you get what you pay for.. no surprise..

I am looking at the Winchester 24 gunsafe over at Tractor Supply. It is onsale for 599.xx. It is only around 500# and my current collection will fill it. I like the security of the safe and the externel hinges and the door opens a full 180 degrees. The major problem is I have to bring my Dad's gun collection up from Florida. That is heavy on shotguns instead of Rifles and that will fill a second Winchester. If I go with the Winchesters it will be one for Pistols/Rifles and one for Rifles/Shotguns without the top shelf installed. Tractor Supply also offers a cheaper safe (Cannon) that only has retractable bolts on one side. It is offered in a 72 inch tall version. This one is rated as a 48 gun model. All the eggs would probibly fit in it. The main problem is that a pro could get into it very easily. A light weight going house to house for drug money would be detered by the cheap one. Again this is a tuff choice, I will not forgive myself if I lose all of these special friends because I SAVED 1000.xx bucks. If I go with two Winchesters each of my Sons will have one when that day comes to divide up Dad's guns.

Karl

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome