Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ebay trouble

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  tator 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to warn all of you of Ebay because I am going through something right that I do not wish upon any of you all. Ebay, first of all, is by far the worst in customer service. In fact, they have NO customer service, period. If you call them, YOU WILL NOT TALK TO A HUMAN. It's literally impossible. They direct you to "live chat" with them by clicking on the "LIVE CHAT" button on the top right screen of ebay's home page... Here you go, click on the link and tell me where this button is located:

Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

In my case, I sold an item to an individual living in Pennsylvania. This individual did NOT pay me until 3 full days after the auction. Then decided he wanted to mouth and be dumb by saying that I should've known he was on Easter vacation with his fam. Well finally he paid so I shipped the item that very day. I sent the item via standard USPS shipment and he was supposed to get the package 5 days later. Well 5 days comes and goes. This guy is livid. Threatens me with negative feedback (WHICH EBAY SUPPOSEDLY DOES NOT ALLOW) and threatens me that "I'm going to get what I deserve". To me that's a physical threat. Finally 2 days after the item was supposed to arrive, he gets the package and claims that the item was cracked and damaged. Well the item was NOT damaged when I shipped it and this was an item that would be VERY VERY VERY hard for the USPS to crack- believe me. Well this guy wants to know what I'm going to do about it and throws a HUGE fit. SO me being the "scared" seller (because I haven't sold that much on Ebay) I do something stupid and I refund his money. Well long-story short, this idiot will NOT return by item and I am out $200 which is what the item sold for.

I have filed TWO complaints with Ebay and I have received NO word from them what-so-ever. This guy has stopped all communication with me and will not return messages sent to him. I'm basically screwed.

What pisses me off (sorry for the language) is that there are people out in our world, let alone OUR COUNTRY, who treat others like this. I wouldn't treat my worst enemy like this. NOT AT ALL. This is the low of the low and I'm absolutely pissed off.

My concern is this though, for you guys... BE AWARE of what you buy AND sell because this can go both ways. If you purchase something, and then they don't ship it after you pay... You are NOT getting your item and it doesn't matter what you do, you are screwed.

Ebay has gotten so "big" that they crap on their customers by having NO support for them at all. They give you the run around and expect conflicts to just disolve. Has ebay always been like this, NO they have not. They used to have a phone number you could call and actually talk to someone and get to the bottom of problems. NOT ANYMORE.

If you are a seller--- DO NOT REFUND MONEY AT ALL until you have the item in your hands. There are people out there who does this (just like this guy) and now he has my item and MONEY TOO. He basically stole this. It's the same as stealing because he has something he didn't pay for.

BUT here's the kicker- I found out where this guy lives and his full name and I have a plan that involves the local law enforcement. I'll keep you filled in.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! Sorry for your misfortune, and thanks for the warning. I haven't sold anything on Ebay yet, but have been thinking about it. I wonder if working through Pay-Pal can help prevent this sort of thing. As a buyer, I had a problem with a thief once, and Pay-Pal returned my money. This will make me do more research. In any case, the guy with whom you are dealing is definitely a "low-life".

#4 ·
I went through pay-pal! BUT, like I said, I was the stupid one and I hit "REFUND MONEY" on pay-pal to make this guy happy. Well now he has my money and item. I'll probably be calling pay-pal too to see what they can do.

#6 · (Edited)
Man sorry tpo hear that Tator
Never had a problem w/ customer service or really any buyers or sellers
one thing I do from the get go is communicate a lot through ebay messages this way I have a lot of info on the complete transactions
& I always insure any packages & add it to the shipping fee just in case & never refund money till I deal w/ Ebay C.S. or I get the Item back even if I have to pay for the return shipping
Hope all works out for you
as far as the "button" goes it is the customer service tab

I just hope I don't ever deal with that guy

#7 ·
Listen man... if you haven't tried lately, there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. They have zero, none, zip. Here, check out this Customer forum page ON EBAY where customers are having the same problem I am:
Ebay Live Chat ? Where is It ?: Community Help Boards: eBay Discussion Boards

This is exactly what I'm warning everyone about. I guess this is something NEW that's just happened recently. They used to be decent in customer relations, but not anymore. You CANNOT get ahold of them. That C.S. number they give you? HAHA try calling it... there's NO way you will talk to a real person, it's a BIG circle. They keep refering you to online help, and there IS NONE!!!! haha It's rediculous.

I'm not trying to scare everyone off from ebay,,, but I do want to make this suggestion... when BUYING something, make sure you the person has a good score rating on ebay and I almost always try to buy from an ACTUAL store or company, not individuals.

Trust me when I say this, these little scams like this guy has done is going to increase rapidly because of there being NO C.S.

Pretty crappy way to treat the very people who grew your business into an empire. :no:

#8 ·
haha I just typed in on the customer service page under "WHAT MAY WE HELP YOU WITH" I typed: I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE FROM EBAY

here's their answer:

Here's some information that might help

• I want to relist an item that was removed by eBay.
  • I want to contact a member.
  • I want to pay eBay fees
  • I want more information about My eBay.
  • I want to send eBay a letter
  • I want to report an eBay technical issue or site bug.
  • I want to close my eBay account.

Yeah.... I'll send them a letter.. hahahahaha RIIIIIIIIIIGHT

#14 ·
Well I have regained contact with this individual and my plan did work... I'll fill you in more once I get the item back in my hands. Don't want to jinx it!

Just be care ful guys and gals-- there are people out there ready to literally steal from you and take advantage of you. What's that W word that HM has sooo much of??? oh yeah,,, WISDOM!

#18 ·
Glad this all worked out, and thanks for the warning. I was thinking about selling a one-of-a-kind Gibson acoustic guitar which I made for myself at the Gibson custom shop in Bozeman, MT. - probably worth $4,000 - $5,000. After your experience, I think I'll find another way to sell it.

#19 ·
Please do... by the time you get done selling on ebay you are going to be paying around 10-15% of the purchase price back to them for using their site. For my item, which sold at $188.50, I owed ebay $18.59 seller's fees. So if you sell something for $4,000 you are going to be paying well over $400 in seller's fees. Plus, ebay is a headache anymore. If I buy anything from here on out, it'll be from an actual store on ebay--- one with an address and a real person I can talk to. Not some joe-smoe who wants to scam me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.