Deer Hunting Forums banner

Bummer accident!

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  onehorse 
#1 ·
Well, it finally happened! Old "Onehorse" got dumped from his horse a couple of weeks ago with pretty bad results. Long story short, I landed on my right side and shoulder and wound up with a bruised rib (no big deal) and a torn rotator cuff (big deal). The doctor said I have a complete tear of my supraspinatus, and the muscle has already retracted about 1 1/2 cm from the bone. This won't repair itself so... going in for surgery on Tues. a.m. If all goes well, and with lots of physical therapy, I MIGHT be ready to hunt by Oct. or Nov.

#2 ·
Onehorse, sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you have a quick and full recovery. A couple of people I know had the same repair and were back shooting their bows in 5 months. Good thing you didn't break a leg cause you know what they do to a horse when that happens! :sadbanana:Just follow the therapy to the letter, they know what their doing. Let us know of your progress.

#5 ·
I feel your pain bro. tore tendon from wrist a few years ago. had surgery and it works now.not as good as before and have to watch certain movements. Now I did the same to my elbow,and looking at surgery again. Stay tuff and stick to the therapy. Prayers headed your way

#7 ·
Sorry about that. Maybe it will make you feel better to consider the shape I am in. This picture is from 1965 and if you will note, I am already wearing a harness on my right shoulder. Through the years and four surgeries, I have to hold my shoulder in tight when Isneeze or it will dislocate. Look forward to the future and good luck...oh, sell the horse :lol: By the way, I won the bareback at riding at Baton Rouge on this horse-Big John. I thought it was poetic.

#9 ·
scribe, you are one tough son-of-a-gun. I was pretty lucky in the little "bruise" I got compared to you. I guess you are a better rider than I, and maybe way smarter because, as soon as I am better, I'm getting back on that critter.:crazy: Actually, he's a good horse, and this whole thing was mostly my fault for not paying attention and realizing we were in a situation that had potrential for a blow up.:wallbash:

#11 ·
Onehorse- I spent 25-years breaking things and getting them put back together. My right arm is almost all replacement parts. But it sure beat working for a living and left me with some great memories and real problem getting out of bed in the mornings. :rolleyes:

This the famed Necklace at Pueblo, CO in 1970. Somewhere around here I have the buckle from that rodeo. A week later, she bucked me off big time at Sterling, CO.

#12 ·
scribe,
Looks like you and I are about the same age (68 years for me), but I didn't start riding until I was 60. My wife, who has been riding since she was two, is an excellent rider, horsewoman and teacher:yes:. I've never had so much fun in my whole life until I started riding. So, if this surgery is the price for it, I say it was worth it. Sounds like you might feel the same way. Thanks for your encouragement. I'll be thinking about you during my recovery. God bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.