Deer Hunting Forums banner

Team Right Wing Mud Racing

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  hunt NH 
#1 ·
ok there seems to be some interest in my other "hobby". i posted up a prayer request for the safety of me and my team at the up coming show, and there seemed to be more interest in what i do than the prayer req. so i took all that out of the request to keep the focus on safety. and as requested am making a separate post hear about what i do. My other "hobby" is professional mud racing. I own Team Right Wing Mud Racing. little back round on were i have been, and were the team is going in the future.

Past: i got into mud racing in 2008 with my at the time mud toy. a 1988 ford bronco II. this Bronco was has 9 inches of lift, upgraded axles, 4.56 gears, and Locked front and rear. at that time i was running 35 inch BFG mud terrains. hear is a pic of me competing in 2008

In 2010 i got a little more serious about the racing and got rid of my "weekend worrier" tires, replacing them with real mud racing tires, and gave the truck a "new look" and a name, to stand out more. I did better, and made it onto a few videos. pics from 2010

2011 is when we got real serious about our racing. (i say our because at this time my brother, and a long time friend got involved with the team.) We gutted the truck to remove as much un nessisary weight from the truck that we could. We competed in 3 classes of mud racing, Takeing first in 2 of them and second in the other. pics

See less See more
#3 ·
Present:
Any way having done so well in 2011 opened a lot of doors for us as a race team. We picked up two sponsors early this spring, Taking us to the next level. One of which is an off road 4x4 shop who also does body work. they wanted to give us a whole new look, and an even bigger competitive edge. before doing so we decided to have a little more fun.

with that out of the way the restoration began. all the trucks body issues were fixed, another 400+ lbs. of un nessisary weight was removed, the air intake was moved into the cab of the truck to draw cooler air (to make more power) and some other mods done to gain more power out of the stock motor. we now have about 20 to 25 more HP out of the stock V-6. then the truck got a new paint job.

#4 ·
vinyl graphics for our sponsors should be showing up in the mail tomorrow. hear is what they look like

Saturday, and Sunday are our first races days for the 2012 season. we more than likely will not be making any more changes to the rig this season, because anything we will do will require "working the bugs out" before the next race, and with a race atleast once every month we dont want to risk being down for a race.

Future: as mentioned above we are still running the mostly stock V6. but dont let that fool you, with the gears we have in the axles we have enough torque to pick the front tires up off the ground when we "launch". However after this season, when we have time to work the bugs out, we will be doing a motor swap to a small block v8 that off the wall built. this motor is pushing somewhere in the ball park of 500HP.

#7 ·
Hard on that ol back ain't ya, lol I use to love mud pits when I was younger. Use to beat the crap out of my daily driver an old 71 international scout. No lift but I took a plasma cutter and cut the finders back far enough to take 35" tires. Had the amc 304 in it. Anyways nice pics still looks fun an brings back high school memories from 20 years ago :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.