Deer Hunting Forums banner

Motorcycles

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  rdrader2002 
#1 ·
Lost a good friend Friday on his bike.Car pulled right out in front of him killing him and his girlfriend.Please keep Jimmy in your prayers he leaves 3 young children behind and guys please be careful on your bikes!

#5 ·
So sorry to hear Spiker thoughts & prayers sent
this is usually the worst time for bikes I am always nervous this time of year & I have been ridding a long time lot of people (coming off winter) are not seeing alot of bikes so they arent really looking for them very sad

#7 ·
Spiker: Really sorry to hear a story like this, please accept my prayers and condolences and also convey them to the family. People in cars who also ride see motorcycles. Many people in cars who don't ride DON'T see motorcycles. It's an unfortunate fact. Two weeks ago I wasn't 4 blocks from my house when I saw a woman in a minivan sitting on a cross street up ahead of me. She waited 'til I was within 40 yards, and while staring directly at my face pulled right out in front of me. I had already figured this was gonna happen, I was already on both brakes just in case, then she gives an "apologetic" wave out the window, that makes it OK in her mind. You can't be defensive enough when you're on two wheels. I got my first bike in 1966 and have never been without one since, I figure I've seen just about everything people do when you're on one. Sorry about the rambling, once again my heartfelt condolences to you and his family.

#10 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss Spiker... I love looking at the motorcycles, but will NEVER get on one. I've been on one "ride" in my life and that was enough. My ex-brother-in-law owned one and when I was about 16 he took me for a ride on it. I'm just not meant to be "open" on the road like that. I see the appeal it has to riders, but it's just not for me.
Once again, sorry for your loss and my condolences to you and his family.

#11 ·
in motor cycle drivers ed, they tell you to act like no one see's you. when getting my first bike my dad told me to forget that, and act like that all Wanted to hit me. he rode for 20+ years without ever getting hit. using his mentality, I have been riding accident free for over 10 years.

#12 ·
Spiker: Really sorry to hear a story like this, please accept my prayers and condolences and also convey them to the family. People in cars who also ride see motorcycles. Many people in cars who don't ride DON'T see motorcycles. It's an unfortunate fact. Two weeks ago I wasn't 4 blocks from my house when I saw a woman in a minivan sitting on a cross street up ahead of me. She waited 'til I was within 40 yards, and while staring directly at my face pulled right out in front of me. I had already figured this was gonna happen, I was already on both brakes just in case, then she gives an "apologetic" wave out the window, that makes it OK in her mind. You can't be defensive enough when you're on two wheels. I got my first bike in 1966 and have never been without one since, I figure I've seen just about everything people do when you're on one. Sorry about the rambling, once again my heartfelt condolences to you and his family.

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. Passing through a school zone, I was at a mini-van's left rear quarter. The driver (a woman) looked over her shoulder to check her blind spot, we made eye to eye contact. That's when I started grabbing both brakes . . . and a good thing too. Yup, you guessed it! She grabbed my lane. Thankfully, I was no longer anywhere near her left rear quarter. I was well behind it.

Condolences to the family and sad to hear that this has happened again.

RR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.