Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have this rifle?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Scrub Buck

Not familiar with the Mossberg.
Consider this though, the purchase of a rifle is, for many, not all, a once or twice in a lifetime acquisition. Unless the weapon turns out to be a total piece of junk you will be shooting with it for the next 6-10 years, probably more, and it will always be a sentimental favorite.
Make sure that every time you open the case, that specific weapon you chose will make you smile.
Your guidelines sound solid. I spent almost as much on my scope as I did my .270, and now, 12 years later I still have a very dependable hunting rifle. For the type of hunting I do I just do not feel the need for another rifle, I really enjoy the one I have, my first one.
The price range you are stating, and your follow up statement that "money is not an issue" seem to carry some conflict.
Good choice on the scope, but for a couple hundred more bucks a whole new set of options will open in terms of quality rifle options.
Considering your start from scratch point of view, everything else you buy for deer hunting is secondary compared to the weapon you choose to hunt with.