Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Why Lightweight
Thread: Why Lightweight
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
The biggest thing is today's shooters are no where near in the same physical condition hunters were back in the 40-60's. Sorry but it's a fact. We sit behind computers don't exercise very well and complain a lot. I just don't see the argument with the weight carrying advantage of a 6.5 lb rifle package over a 8 lb one. I've hunted Colorado, and PA and Southern Ohio so I have at least some experience in Mountains and up and down terrain and never thought my gun was too heavy. In fact the Savage 99 is just about the best deer rifle I've ever hunted with. If I wanted a light weight rifle it would have to be something like a 22 hornet, 260 rem, 222 rem, 223 as the caliber recoil matches the light weight rifle. Just my humble opinion.
Amen we can all learn alot from Hm.You may not like this post but this is the truth.There are no benefits if you can walk ten miles you arent gonna notice the extra 2 pnds.A long time ago i learned to just listen to the old woods real hunters rather than the so called experts.