Deer Hunting Forums banner

The Tomorrow Dillema

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  deerhuntr 
#1 ·
Tomorrow at noon, I have to shoot a college softball game. Until then, I am open and that provides the dillema.

(1) I have a bunch of 10 longbeards right across the street and the season opens tomorrow.
(2) The crappie are pretty hot right now just a 5-minute drive from my house. (I went this morning so I know)
(3) 20-minutes away, the smallmouth are starting to hit on top.

What do I do from dawn until 11:00 tomorrow morning?

#8 ·
I like to enjoy the wildlife that comes to my yard and hunt else where, I don't see poping a bird 40 yards out my door. From my hunting I enjoy stomping the woods out as much as the hunt it's self a lot of the time.
I would just keep shoot them birds with the camera, go fishing

#9 ·
Go fishing!

With me, fishing is about like the way that I play golf - it's to kill off the afternoon.

When you play infantry golf (from one tree line to the other . . .), I guarantee that can kill an entire afternoon . . . . and that's just the front or back nine, not all 18 holes.

When fishing, I put a weight (no hook) on the end of the line and throw it out into the water. Every once in a while, I'll slowly reel it in and then throw it back out again. No hook means no work. If I by chance to manage to get something on the hook out in the water, then it's work to get it either in the boat or onto the shore. Then it's more work to skin it (if taking home to eat) or it's more work to dislodge the hook (for catch and release). And people wonder why I fish with only a weight on the end of the line . . .

RR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.