Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Educated Idiots
Thread: Educated Idiots
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
B&C 180 Class

While I don't fully condone what the students did, I think this is far from being a "racist situation". The news team that covered this story is calling this an act of racisim. The reason I don't fully condone it is because of the timing. I'm all for them chanting USA, but comon, that's not exactly the best time to do it. Should they be penalized? No. They were asked to stop, and they did. I think they could've chanted MUCH worse things and then there really WOULD be a story. The bad thing is, they have made national headlines with this, so now the schools involved HAVE to go through with punishment and all the hoopla because if they don't, the liberals of this nation will have a fit and probably shut down their school.
Chanting USA isn't a bad thing, but when the other team is all hispanics... probably not the best time to chant that. BUT, then again, was there any language spoken during the game that was spanish?? Because if so... I think that's racism and a report needs to be filed because I don't want to have to hear spanish while I'm playing or watching basketball- after all this is U S A!