Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Harsh HS Punishment??
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlightfield View Post
I actually had to look twice to see what the big deal was about, the second look I could see a definite "squaring off" and that "Yeah Dude" look he gave the other kid. I'm like HM, I don't know the rules on this either, but I know you do Tator boy, and you are correct, the rules are the rules and the young man chose to ignore them. As for everything else you said in your post on this, DOUBLE DITTO 150%!! Same for you HM, DOUBLE DITTO 150% on your post too. On another note, the day has finally come, Peyton's press conference at 11:00 am Central time, 12:00 noon Eastern time. The Colt's are totally banking on 1, getting Andrew Luck, and 2, banking on him just stepping in and playing like a 10 year veteran. Talk about putting ALL your eggs in one basket. At one time Peyton said he would redo his deal to be incentive based, but I guess he had second thoughts on that. What a shame they couldn't get something worked out so he could retire a Colt.

Very good choice of words "Squaring off". If you watch again, look at his coach in the background go NUTS after it happens. Great example for the kids to view. HM- it wasn't actually a "foul" persay, and often Technicals are not "contact" fouls... they are taunting, using their words, or cussing. Fighting can alos warrant a technical, but in this case, it was a clean play and a clean dunk, and no contact was made... so why the squaring off? What else do you have to prove? You are a HS kid who can dunk, you are a dime-a-dozen,,,, run your butt down the court and play defense now. It's a simple rule, and if refs bend, HS basketball will get out of hand.

As for Peyton... I'm not big on the colts as of late. They are REALLY taking a big chance. What if Peyton goes to another team and does AWESOME and Luck is NO LUCK after all? WOW --- the Packers did this, BUT Favre was a day-to-day guy and you didn't know how much longer he had-- Manning has alot of years left- i think. Luck has not proven himself in the NFL.... Rogers had learned and played in the NFL for numerous years... granted as a back-up, but still.