Deer Hunting Forums banner

Im one ticked off daddy....help please!

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  on_the_fly 
#1 ·
I took my boys deer to the processor to get some jerky made. They said I could pick the head up when i picked the meat up. About 3 weeks went by and I called, they said there running behind but they would call when it was ready. Another 3 weeks still nothing, I call and get the same story. So I gave it another week and went down there to tell them forget about the meet just give me the head........GUESS WHAT......It was gone to.

So now what???? Anyone know what I can do? Or do I just chalk it up as a lesson learned....... My boy is so disappointed :sad:

#7 ·
What a shame!! I know things like this happen from time to time, but I can't believe the owner didn't even offer to try and make it up to you somehow. Especially your little boy's first big "prize". I 'm sorry I don't have any ideas as to what you really could do. I know what you'd like to do, but you and I both know you can't do things like that without severe repercussions. I know I haven't been any help with the problem, but I just want you to know how sorry I am that this had to happen to him, he is such a bright eyed kid and his HUGE smile is contagious.

#8 ·
I agree with everyone on here. You need to file a claim because deer heads ARE worth money and this guy stole yours. I would call around to various taxidermists and see how much they cost and whoever is the highest, that's what I'd go for in this guy.
It's obvious this guy is a peice of work. You need to tell everyone in your town about this experience and he obviously needs to GO. When I take my deer to the processor it isn't a WEEK later that he's calling and already done with ALL the meat. Many times it's 2-3 days later.

Here's another idea that I would do... write your local editor in the newspaper. Tell it like it is and name this guys business in town. Now, you'll have to give YOUR name too because they won't run the letter without it, but that's a small price to pay PLUS you're going to have the majority on your side after the word gets out.

Good luck,,, and sorry for your son

#9 ·
I'm sorry for your troubles. I am especially with Tator, write (or have a friend write) an editorial/story to the local newspaper. Tell the story and what exactly has happened. You could even ask the paper to run provide a "call in" number if anyone else has had the same problem. Around the same time/after it runs and you (hopefully) get more people, take the business to small claims court.

If you paid any money for a deposit, I would notify the police and see if they can write a report (to make it official) and even get your money back.

Good luck

#10 ·
I am especially with Tator, write (or have a friend write) an editorial/story to the local newspaper.

x2 with this. Get the word out to everyone around how you (and your son) got shafted by this guy. Maybe enough bad publicity will drive the guy out of town . . . . (too bad y'all couldn't do it the old fashioned way - on a rail after being tarred and feathered)

RR

#12 ·
One other thing I forgot to mention is this... you need to also file a claim with the BBB (better business bureau). Here's a link to their site... This may sound like "ALOT" for some people, but when it comes to MY property and MY belongings, and you blatantly steal from me, then I'm going to make it known to everyone who will listen. These guys don't need to be in business if this is how they are going to treat their customers. (reminds me of my taxidermist buddy who tried screwing me over- I got the last laugh... BBB helped me get it too).

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings

#17 ·
I also like delbert's idea. Make sure you bring with you that pic of your son and a picture of the outside of this guy's business. PLUS... if you can find 2-3 more people who have had this same experience, add their names and stories too. You may even want to call your local TV station because they LOVE stories of children getting taken advantage of- I know that sounds bad, but they do. I know my local station would have a hay-day with this and they would do a full-out investigation on this guy and his business. He'd be hurting for money for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.