Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Trail Monitoring System
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:32 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
I've never heard of that but it sounds pretty cool, high tech but cool. So this device, does it alert you of an animal approaching from any/all directions or what? If it is something to bring positive vibes to your hunting experience then go for it. You did say that you don't have much notice if one is coming your way. Very sorry to hear about the loss of your close friend.
I appreciate your thoughts. The system works like this, you have a reciever that you keep on yourself and then there 3 transmitters that the kit comes with. You attach the transmitters to a tree in several locations and if something crosses the signal it will alert you what zone is being triggered, I assume it works similar to those home systems that lets you know if someone is coming up your driveway. According to the kit it will recieve a signal from 500 ft or more. I've seen it on Cabelas for $180 and on ebay for $49.99(different brand). If there is one thing I've learned in my almost 30 years is, you get what pay for. I think I might order one and test it around the yard and see if actually will provide lead time to game coming. Once I try it out I'll let you guys know how it works.