Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - New world record typical 8 pointer
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
B&C 120 Class

Default New world record typical 8 pointer

Hi everybody, I saw this a week ago and now they have a follow up article with more details. A young central Illinois farmer killed this deer on his ground on the first day of our 2nd gun season, Dec 1. It has been officially scored after the mandatory 60 day drying period and will be proclaimed the new WORLD RECORD TYPICAL 8 POINTER. He grossed 192+ and netted 183+ after deductions!!!!! The score is official, now the deer just has to be certified by the next convening panel of B&C. This is so truly incredible because since the inception of Boone&Crockett in 1830 something, there are only 36 (yes 36) typical 8 point whitetails that have exceeded the minimum score of 170. For some quick details, his main beams are 30" and 32" respectively, which alone put him in the top 5 whitetails period that are in the book. He has a 22+" inside spread, one of his G2's is 16", his G3's are 12" and his mass is UNREAL!! You'll have to go to: www.fieldandstream.com to see the 14 pics and nice stories with each one. When you get to the home page, at the top left it says HUNTING, right underneath is PICTURES , click on that and take yourself to the story, you'll see it. If I could find it a deaf blind person could find it. I wanted to share this with everyone who might not have seen it yet, but I had to do it this way 'cause I'm too stupid to know how to get that stuff over here. Hope everyone enjoys seeing this as much as I did!!