Deer Hunting Forums banner

HELP!!! new to muzzleloading

11K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  frontiergander 
#1 ·
I recently traded my cousin a Raven mp25 for his CVA Kodiak Magnum .50 cal that i have been trying to get for the past couple of years... But he took the scope off its the only way he would do it can someone please tell me a good scope for 250 to 300 yds? And what would be better a.50 cal 295 grain powerbelt with 150 grains of pellets or a .45 cal round with a rib crusher sabot and the same ammount of pellets?

#2 ·
I don't know what is a good scope.

I just read some reviews of that gun on Midwayusa and people had good luck with Powerbelts and sabot-type bullets. Either one should be fine.

I personally don't subscribe to using the pellet-form of powder because you cannot vary the amount of powder other than choosing between 2 pellets or 3 pellets. But if that's what you like, then just try it and see how it shoots. Others were getting 2-inch groups at 100-yards, and a few got a little better than that (with various different powders).

That's just my $0.02. Happy shootin' !!

#4 ·
I'm with the HM, definitely look at Nikon, in my estimation there is not a finer scope for the money(in this price range)than the Nikon Prostaff. The 2x-7x is usually $139.99 but if you wait and look around, once in a while you can find them on sale for a little less. Great scope for not a lot of money, and you can trust me on this, you WILL NOT shoot any better with a $300 Leupold or a $400 Zeiss.

#6 ·
Konuspro 275. Its a 3-9x40mm scope with ballistic reticle for muzzleloaders.

In conjunction with muzzleloader giant CVA (a division of Blackpowder Products Inc.), Konus introduces the KonusPro 275 line which includes two new riflescopes with ballistic reticles: a 3X-9X40mm and a 3X-10X44mm with an illuminated reticle and priced at $149.99 (MSRP) and $199.99 (MSRP), respectively.The new scopes will be mounted with CVA package gun sets starting in June of this year.
“CVA has been using Konus scopes on all of our scope package guns for several years now, and we have always been very pleased with Konus’ high level of performance — especially given their reasonable price,” said Dudley McGarity, Chief Executive Officer, BPI.
“For 2011, we will be upgrading all of our OPTIMA and ACCURA V2 models with the new KonusPro 275 models, which feature the new muzzleloading calibrated ballistic reticle. These new riflescopes will allow shooters to take full advantage of the unsurpassed accuracy for which CVA has become famous.”
The new Konus scopes help to remove the guesswork out of shooting. This exclusive reticle system literally leads your bullet right to the target without calculating holdover angles. Both scopes are calibrated to 275 yards, allowing for improved accuracy, even with the most difficult shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.