Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Devastating Deer Disease?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
B&C 120 Class

Here is what you should look at:

TN-plenty of deer, liberal doe limit, 3-buck limit, long season that runs straight through. Basically, archery opens the fourth Saturday in Sept and runs until Jan 1. Muzzleloaders are legal starting in early Nov. and runs through Jan. 1, Rifles are legal from the Sat. before Thanksgiving through Jan.1. Middle and west TN are the best and there is quite a bit of public ground most of which receives moderate pressure and none gets anything like Ohio or PA. Trophy potential is average. 130 class is realistic but of course, they are not behind every tree.

KY-again, mid to west part of the state is best. Seasons vary but long bow season. 1 buck limit and some real trophies. Don't know much about public land but access to good private ground takes some work.

In my humble opinion, having hunted in PA, either state would be like a breath of fresh air. It is quite possible to hunt on public land and not see another hunter. If you wish to hunt in TN. I will steer you to 21,000 acre public land that is just about underhunted except for maybe an opening day. Quite possible to hunt and not see another hunter. Takes some real boot leather scouting to learn it but well worth it. Some years back, I killed two bucks with a bow that exceeded 130" and 2-ryrs. later killed a 145 with a mzl. However, let me say again, takes some real boots on the ground scouting and some true woodsmanship.