Deer Hunting Forums banner

130 grain

9K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Unregistered 
#1 ·
I've been looking around and I'm wondering what is the 130 grain bullet for the browning 270 used for

#2 ·
The .270 caliber is capable of killing the following Game Animals and there may be more that I have not listed but this should give you a general idea.

Antelope, Wild Boar, Deer, Mule Deer, Big Horn Sheep, Black Bear, Caribou, Elk & Moose.

#17 ·
The 130 gr bullet in a 270 is the most popular grain weight for the 270 win. I prefer a 140 and even a 150 gr. Remington makes 140 gr premium bullets with swift a-frames in 140 gr, price a bit steep but a great bullet. 130 gr 270 will take all deer sized animals but I would opt for a heavier grain for anything bigger in size.
Here on DHC we try to provide as much good info as we can and at the same time spice in a little humor at times. Hope this helps on your question regarding 130 gr 270.
Not a pro hunter here either but have been at it for about 46 years from ducks and geese to deer with archery, rifle, shot gun, and various muzzle loading rifles including flintlocks and a couple of elk hunts. Never needed nor wanted a camera guy hounding me. Hope you find what you are looking for. I won't speak for Scribe but maybe drop him a line regarding professional guide/ crew questions.

#20 ·
I guess I am a pro hunter, as I am all for it. and I have been known to have a camera or two follow me into the woods. generally cause my back pack is carried on my back. does that help?

#23 · (Edited)
What about me? :shocking: No help at all, nothing, not even a smigit? :wallbash: I'm pro hunting too, pro gun ownership, pro archery hunting, pro rifle hunting, pro shot gun hunting, pro muzzle loader hunting and bonus points for flintlock hunters, and finally I like to think of myself as a really pro kind of guy you know what I mean? Maybe I should be getting paid for what I do...... Time to take up the matter with the addm! Oh BF we need to talk, I think my skills deserve a raise, no a really big salary so I can add Pro Moderator to my title and pursue my life's dream, dang, don't have dreams right now, the darn Ambian I take for sleep, doesn't let you dream. Shucks, when I do get a dream I'll come back and put in my request again. I like the Pro thing though, many members here would qualify in my book and that ain't no bull! Disclaimer: the above could be considered moderator humor and should be taken with a grain of salt or Taquila whatever you think.

#24 ·
What about me? :shocking: No help at all, nothing, not even a smigit? :wallbash: I'm pro hunting too, pro gun ownership, pro archery hunting, pro rifle hunting, pro shot gun hunting, pro muzzle loader hunting and bonus points for flintlock hunters, and finally I like to think of myself as a really pro kind of guy you know what I mean? Maybe I should be getting paid for what I do...... Time to take up the matter with the addm! Oh BF we need to talk, I think my skills deserve a raise, no a really big salary so I can add Pro Moderator to my title and pursue my life's dream, dang, don't have dreams right now, the darn Ambian I take for sleep, doesn't let you dream. Shucks, when I do get a dream I'll come back and put in my request again. I like the Pro thing though, many members here would qualify in my book and that ain't no bull! Disclaimer: the above could be considered moderator humor and should be taken with a grain of salt or Taquila whatever you think.
WOW HM I was going to ask if you were off your meds but you answered that already guess you need to up the prescription LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.