Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Deer feeder vs food plot?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
B&C 180 Class

Sounds to me like this will be too small for a food plot. I would try the feeder if I were you. make sure you set it in a place where you are not going to be hunting from or close by. Plus, make sure you check your state's laws about hunting over bait. I'd say if you have some good rubs in this spot, they are already frequenting this area, so why mess with a plot or feeder? Food plots can and are alot of work. There are MANY unforseen costs that can pop up. Especially if you don't have the farm equipment to do it. You also need to think about when you are going to "feed" the deer. If you want to feed them right now, then the feeder would be best, but if you are wanting to get food growing for this summer/next fall then you'll have to wait a bit to plant (depending on where you're at in the USA) and then wait some more for it to grow.

Good luck