Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - 2011 = Tag Soup
Thread: 2011 = Tag Soup
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrader2002 View Post
"Although its been my worse season ever it's also been my best only because I did get my son on his first deer ever, so if I end up deer less I guess I can always simmer on that and smile anyways . ."

Well ain't that what the spirit of hunting is all about anyway? We may not get one, but passing on deer hunting to future generations is just as important (if not more so) than getting one.

Still remember the comment my mom made when I called and told her that my son had gotten his first deer. It brought tears to my eyes when she told me, "Your grandfather would be proud of you!" What she said has made everything all worth while.

RR
been my worse season ever also. I cant even buy a road kill doe this season,But I did take my best friend hunting for his first time and got him his first deer.First day he missed a nice doe by not listening and trying to be John Wayne and shoot it off handed while facing him.Day 2 he sealed the deal by useing the rest and waited for the broad side shot.Day 3 and last day of the hunt was mine. Only deer I saw was a nice 8pt at about 160yds as it was going over a ridge