Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated to the bone
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 PM
B&C 180 Class
Default Frustrated to the bone

I have been anticipating a hunt with my bow for some time now, and finally tonight I got to go. It's been around 32 degrees all day with a slight 5-10 mph wind that makes it feel below freezing.
Got all ready and headed out. As I left the house I noticed the wind was out of the North/Northwest. As I sat in my stand expecting the wind to be at my face (NORTH FACING STAND), I felt the wind hitting my back.
NOW... before any jokes are made about my direction-sense,, YES I do know what is NORTH and SOUTH. The dad-gum wind had changed directions and came from the South/Southwest. Talk about mad. Plus I only had about 2 hours to hunt so I didn't have time to get down and relocate. By the time I got to a new stand it'd be too late and I'd probably spook everything in site.
Needless to say, I didn't see anything at all,, just a bunch of blue-birds. For what it's worth, I did see two does... AS I WAS LEAVING THE FIELD.

...I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed, what God has planned, I only know at His right hand, stands One who is my Savior....