Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ordering a new muzzy!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JerkyPlinker 
#1 ·
Just caught glimpse of the new CVA Accura Mountain Rifle! Sweet set up and just a touch over 6lbs. SS barrel with a brownish tan coating on it. Its built off the Apex stock/frame design. Im calling monday for one lol.

#2 ·
I really do like the weatherguard coating. I love the fact that they didnt get cheap and use a carbon barrel and then coat it. Real SS with the coating on the outside.

My main concern right now is will it work with open sights? The Apex is strictly for scope but do-able with open sights but uncomfortable. I think this has the same Apex stock so i'd most likely have to buy longer screws and shim the sights to lift them up off the barrel to get them into alignment with my eye.

#3 ·
That finish is nice. Also like the weight. Only 6.35 lbs. My CVA Optima from Walmart has a magnum barrel and no fluting. Weighed it on the fishing scale after reading your post. 7.75 lbs.

With fiber optic sights, that will be a nice limber tac driver. I love my fiber optic sights - they're so easy to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.