Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - When do you give up searching for a deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
If it was that thick & swampy I would have had to pass on that area or dress appropriately & carry the essential items to make a recovery. Maybe it is me but it is one thing I do when stepping into an area is making sure if I shoot will I be able to get a deer out of there the best I can
just my 2 cents
Honestly didnt realize how bad it was until I was a few feet in. I havent hunted that part of my land because with all the cutting and then them spraying I figured the deer would have moved away from it. But since everyone said all my deer were nocturnal because of my activity in the woods in my other post this stand was my only option as it hasnt been hunted all year and is on the other side of my property. Had it been a morning hunt I would have gone back to my cabin, put on snake boots, thicker clothers and jacket so the briars wouldnt have bothered me. But even if I did make it to the deer wasnt like I could just sling it over my shoulder and walk back out.