Deer Hunting Forums banner

Cabela's

7K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Not to happy today. I spent 1.5 hrs waiting for my number to be called, #107 and when it did get called, they had sold out on the 223 rifle. :ranting:I asked for a rain check, nope, not on sale items. I say BULL, after that wait Bass Pro will get my business. They should have posted a sign of the sold out items then I could have went home. Still would have been mad but..... I watched only about 5-6 of the rifles get sold during the 1.5 hr wait????? Makes you wonder just how many they actually had.

#5 ·
They should had posted a sign for what they were out of ! And with that kind of a wait they should have maybe even made a P.A announcement on sell out items, I'm betting your probably not the only one that day that waited to hear sorry sold out !! I too would spend my money else were for now on.

#8 ·
Everytime that I have been to Cablelas during big sales in Hamburg PA they did announce when on sale items were sold out. Theres always a ridiculous line to get to the firearms counter despite having many people working it. The waits are terrible but from cabelas perspective thats good buisness.

#9 ·
I heard around there in Missouri on BLACK FRIDAY many of the wal-marts were avertising flat-screen TV's for rediculous prices, but when shoppers got there, there were only 5 available. They use that to draw you in thinking you'll end up spening money once you're there. Now that said, what I've done in the past with items I think are going to go fast, I find the MANAGER the day before and ask him/her how many there are going to be. Many times they tell me. Not always though...

#10 · (Edited)
BB they were 599 and included 2 30 rd clips. I got there at 9:30am, they open at 9am, I was # 107 by then. For a gigantic sale as advertised, I would have thought they would have had 100 of those rifles. Maybe it was the old bait and switch as the counter boy said, we do have the S&W for a $100 more. I've purchased enough stuff from Cabela's over the years that they should have gave me one of those rifles, oh that's right they're sold out. I should call today and see if they have one in stock. I would just get mad twice probably.

#14 ·
Hey Tator,

I've referenced folks to the Remington website several times, too. And yup, I'm very pro Remington due to the fact I own two, they're both older than I am, and still as accurate as the day they were manufactured. Remington may have had issues with a couple of their bolt action models in the past with their safeties, but they've posted a URL on their website for people to use to check possible serial numbers. Any issues with the safeties can be dealt with after contacting Remington Customer Support. (Can't attest to this since mine are both semi-auto and don't fall under the recall.)

But if there are good deals out there to be had, I welcome someone finding them and letting the rest of us know about them. My $.02 worth on the subject, anyway.

RR

#15 ·
Hey Tator,

I've referenced folks to the Remington website several times, too. And yup, I'm very pro Remington due to the fact I own two, they're both older than I am, and still as accurate as the day they were manufactured. Remington may have had issues with a couple of their bolt action models in the past with their safeties, but they've posted a URL on their website for people to use to check possible serial numbers. Any issues with the safeties can be dealt with after contacting Remington Customer Support. (Can't attest to this since mine are both semi-auto and don't fall under the recall.)

But if there are good deals out there to be had, I welcome someone finding them and letting the rest of us know about them. My $.02 worth on the subject, anyway.

RR

I agree with you,,, like I said, I was just curious! Heck there's probably people who think I work for Moultrie game cams because I talk about them so much or for Trophy Rock because I push them heavily. I was in NO way trying to insinuate that his posting of Sportsman Guide was a bad thing. I was merely curious as to if he worked for them. BTW- I checked out the website and they do have alot of good deals. They have a 15' ladder stand for $39 that I picked up yesterday. :thumbup:

#16 ·
RD don't let tator fool you he does work for Moultrie he gets a kickback for every camera he talks someone into
He did work for wildgame innovations but he went broke he actually had to pay people to buy them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.