Deer Hunting Forums banner

slug gun/ scope/ ammo

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kbcougs33 
#1 ·
i have a mossberg 500 with a utg mount and a tru glo red dot shooting hornadys with a rifled barrel it sucks! missed 2 bucks in last 2 years :wallbash: but my beneli drops ducks like rain im not a bad shot. whats your favorite magnifing scope, gun and ammo combo. for up to about 100 yds

#3 · (Edited)
I just set up a Rem 870 laminate stock with a Redfield 1.75x5 scope using Rem gold particians(spell)? and it is very accurate, impressed the heck out of me actually.
Do you mean Winchester Partition Gold slugs? ;)

My slug gun is just a Remington 870 express 20 gauge with a rifled barrel and rifle sights, no scope. I shoot Hornady SST Slugs out of it but I haven't taken a deer with them yet due to me using other firearms the past few years. Winchester BRI 20ga Sabot slugs are deadly though.

#7 ·
Benelli super black eagle with nikon monarch 2-6.It shoots lightfields or brenneke kos dead on.I find with some of the ultra high velocity slugs you tend to get fliers and if you keep the velocity at around 1400 fps most guys will get better groups out their guns.shotguns are very fickle.

#10 ·
i have a mossberg 500 with a utg mount and a tru glo red dot shooting hornadys with a rifled barrel it sucks! missed 2 bucks in last 2 years :wallbash: but my beneli drops ducks like rain im not a bad shot. whats your favorite magnifing scope, gun and ammo combo. for up to about 100 yds
nothing wrong with that set up for short distance,that how mine is set up for hogs.mossy 500a with cant.barrel,22" compensated rifled barrel with 30mm red dot using hornady sst slugs and its a hog killin machine.Id say for deer hunting and shooting at distance I change to a regular scope.red dots aint good over 50yds imo. put a scope on it and give that a try

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.