Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - tired
Thread: tired
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
hunt NH
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe View Post
I'm new on here but dadgum old to hunting. I guess I am fortunate in that I really can't recall a year when I was totally skunked. I killed my first one in 1954. However, for many years, I was not too particular about what I killed. I had years I did not kill a buck over 130 but I did kill a doe or two.

I no longer hunt horns at all but I can understand someone being skunked if they discriminating in what they shoot. That said, If a hunter is just hunting for a deer and continues to be skunked, I would suggest he closely examine what he is doing.

I'll hush now, forgive an old guy for rambling.
trust me i have examined, and re examined my hunting. read books on it, talked to guys hear about it, learned form everay teachable experiance in the woods that i can. im not claiming to be a hunting guru, but i know what i am doing. i know im scent free. (iv had coyotee under my stand wile hunting and there nose is just as good as a deer) and i know im not amking to much noise or moving too much. (iv had wild turky under my stand, ad there just as good at picking up on movment). i dont over call, but i do use calls some. its just that i live in a place were there are not as many deer as in most parts of the country, and there are alot of "big woods" for them to hide in.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome