Deer Hunting Forums banner

Women hunters

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  brenda 
#1 ·
Im new at my local club i joined up this year. All i have gottin was flack about being a girl and how i shouldnt of been allowed to join. Guys why is that can somneone explain why just becasue i have a chest im not supposed to hunt?

#6 ·
I think you'll find the best way to shut them all up is to stay focused and bag yourself a dandy buck.
I bet that will close a few of those loose jaws. :w00t:

#7 ·
Tell them all to shove it and to leave you alone. You're always welcome here at the DHC. I think we need more female hunters in the outdoors and I hope that you don't let those guys discourage you. If I lived in Va I'd go to the club with you and straighten them right out.

#9 ·
I agree don't let them discourage you from going to that club. I'm sure not all the members would give you that cold shoulder feeling. I also agree that we need more women and youth into hunting, may be it deer, turkey, hog, dove, or what ever hunting their into. And even though in this time we still have and will probably alway will have people that just think they are better over others over their own ignorance.
Well feel welcome here, and I hope you stick it out at the club, never know you might just be running the show over there one day.

#13 ·
BB
Are you sure it is because you are a girl? I remember when I first joined a club at 16 they busted my butt till the next person came along. Although if the remarks are slanted toward sexist you are correct. Ask them if they mind if you repeat what they said to their wives and girlfriends, I'm sure things will then tone down.
daddus

#15 ·
They are most likely jelous or you intimadate them
I have two daughters one of them hunts the other just likes to target shoot the both of them shoot VERY well. I think women in general are better shots then men & possibly better hunters. women are more steady with their wepons & have a lot more patience then men & they listen to what advice & instructions better as their ego doesn't get in the way :yes:
Don't let it bother you or at least don't let them see it bothers you. If TG does go to the club with you and straighten them out PLEASE make sure you get a video of it I would love to see that on youtube :pickle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.