Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Tough opening day
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM
turner
B&C 140 Class

Congrats on your harvest Tator. Weather was bad for our Kentucky opener as well. I saw a few deer in the AM including a huge buck that was all broken up. Five points on one side with G3 & G4 broken. The other side? Broken off at the skull. He was a huge stud of an animal though! Hope he makes it through the season til next. He walked 5 yards behind my new stand

Afternoon was very windy and slow. I checked my watch mid-afternoon and figured they'd start moving around three. At 3:20 I turned to see a nice buck trotting through the woods about 115 yards away. He followed the trail I figured he would and 2 mins later was right behind my stand. I couldn't decide for sure whether to drop the hammer, but as he was about to leave I shot.

First harvest with my CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 turned out to be a nice Kentucky 8 and the rifle put the smackdown on him The good part, I've got another nice 8 now this season. The bad, no more buck tags for Kentucky...lol. I've still got a doe tag for Ky and have two more buck tags for Tn, however.

Wish you great luck today Tator!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome