Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Tough opening day
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:02 PM
B&C 140 Class

Congrats on your harvest Tator. Weather was bad for our Kentucky opener as well. I saw a few deer in the AM including a huge buck that was all broken up. Five points on one side with G3 & G4 broken. The other side? Broken off at the skull. He was a huge stud of an animal though! Hope he makes it through the season til next. He walked 5 yards behind my new stand

Afternoon was very windy and slow. I checked my watch mid-afternoon and figured they'd start moving around three. At 3:20 I turned to see a nice buck trotting through the woods about 115 yards away. He followed the trail I figured he would and 2 mins later was right behind my stand. I couldn't decide for sure whether to drop the hammer, but as he was about to leave I shot.

First harvest with my CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 turned out to be a nice Kentucky 8 and the rifle put the smackdown on him The good part, I've got another nice 8 now this season. The bad, no more buck tags for Kentucky...lol. I've still got a doe tag for Ky and have two more buck tags for Tn, however.

Wish you great luck today Tator!!