Deer Hunting Forums banner

shoot-thru scope covers

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  huntr- 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the shoot-thru scope covers? Seen them at the Tanner Gun Show - purchased a set for my scope. Tried it out at the gun range - clear as a bell. Eager for my hunt.

#3 ·
I think the see thru scope covers are great, not only do they allow you to scope without having to be removed but they help protect expensive scopes.

#4 ·
rifle shoot-thru scope covers

The scope covers are tapered and fit great on my scope, the lens itself is made of polycarbonate and are replaceable if they get scratched. They are great, can't imagine why anyone would want the old flip-up kind. Why waste time flipping up when you can just shoot.

#6 ·
I use them. Also use on my Swarovski binoculars. I like the idea that you can look through the binos if you are in a hurry and protect expensive glass lenses. Both binoculars and scopes are a investment, makes since to protect them and have a lens cover that lends itself to fast and easy use. This way, I can remove them if I have the time

#9 ·
I use them in foul weather only to keep a clear shot picture when the time comes. I agree with not covering up an expensive scopes clairity or sharpness as that is mainly what we are paying for with a cheap end plastic lens. Just flip them up and sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.