Deer Hunting Forums banner

Savage 220

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  daddus1 
#1 ·
My brother-in-law was wanting a lighter slug gun for Illinois slug season, he bought a Savage 220, 20ga, fully rifled, 24" barrel, 1:24 twist. He got a Nikon Prostaff 2x-7x for it, I set it up for him and took him to set it in. What a tack driver, that 1:24 twist really makes the difference. After we got it dialed in, we took turns printing hole on top of hole at 100 yds with Barnes Tipped Expanders, 272gr round. Nice smooth bolt action and super nice trigger, hell of a gun for $450.

#4 ·
No Bruce, that was just the gun, that Nikon Prostaff was $139, but I've mounted 3 of them now on different guns and in my opinion you can't get a finer scope for that money. Daddus, I believe the 12 ga version of the 220 is a 210 if I'm not mistaken, also a beautiful slug gun, but now you are back to 1:35 twist like most slug barrels, which is fine, but a 1:26 or 28 would sure tighten up the group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.