Deer Hunting Forums banner

Blazer shrink tube fletching?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
I was outside the other night shooting a few arrows and was getting some amazing groups. But then just my luck I put an arrow right next to another one and ripped the fetching. I'm using the short Blazer vanes. Has anyone tried the shrink wrap kits that Blazer makes? I'm thinking about getting some the come in a 6 pack but I'm not sure if it will mess up my arrows flight then I will have to redo all my arrows. It would be convienent if I could get the set of 6 and use one and keep the rest If it happens again, I'd rather fix my own arrows because the closest bow shop is 45 minutes away and that's a long way to go for one Vane. Anyone know if they are any good? Thanks.

#3 ·
I second that I use the Nap fletches & have no problems with flight
I always take a package with me when I hunt NY as the nearest shop is 30 miles away just boil water dunk the arrow in with the fletch for 10 seconds let dry for a few minutes & done
I will say they don't like the cold to much but I mean cold below freezing they seem to get brittle broke a couple hunting cold weather walking through the brush but still I don't go far without a package
I even repaired one in a convenience store while getting a morning coffee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.