Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - not understanding
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama-gi View Post
Study is important, but I have found that I sometimes study too much.

That is, I look to find ways of reconciling this world with God's word. I have to be reminded that prayer is the best way to keep aligned with God's plan.

Study, listen, learn, challenge, and pray. I read a book recently ("Too busy Not To Pray"). There was a particular chapter that struck me. The author worked through the elements of a prayer. That is, he wanted to give a structure to prayer. Now, he wasn't being dogmatic ("Prayer MUST be . . .). However, his points were well made and can help remind us of why we should pray and where our minds should be when we pray.

I should be able to find the notes I wrote when I read that book, if folks are interested.
interested in them. I guess my #1 problem is like this. You know the stages of a christian, start out like baby on bottle and progress from there.Id say at this point in my life Im a toddler, no bottle,but soft food and alittle cerial. then I get something like this put on my plate,its big and tough and I only have a few teeth.Does this make sence to yall?