Deer Hunting Forums banner

trailing

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rockman57 
#1 ·
i shot a deer 2 weeks ago left a good blood spot on the ground about the 6" in dia then i followthe spots into the woods and then like it just stops i have not seen him i seen some buzzards to day circleing in another direction what u think kenny

#5 ·
If he jumped and made your shot go low there is a chance you got his gut or brisket. i think there is a good chance the blood could dry up with those shots. Its hard to tell without finding the deer. Like i said before dont worry about it. It stinks (very much so) but it has happened to the best.

#7 ·
That has happened to me before so keep your chin up and don't despair.The buzzards never lie.If it was a good buck they can lead you to your rack but if not the meats lost anyway.Last year I shot an axis doe at last light and thought I saw her drop.After dark when I went to get her I had been looking at a dead tree limb.Luckily the ground was covered with white rocks because the blood trail was just small spots here and there.She was laying about 50yds up the hill.This is something I have noticed with my core-loct ammo - the bullet will lodge just inside the skin on the offside.Though this ammo usually drops them in their tracks it can make tracking difficult.
Better luck in the future,
Rock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.