Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Barnett Jackal Crossbow
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Here in my neck of the woods, Barnett products were considered the lower end market. They may have improved their product a lot in the last few years probably to stay in the market. This could be a regional thing too. The serious crossbow hunters I know are all using Excalibur bows and Ten Points. However, I would take a look at the Wicked ridge line made by Ten Point, Excalibur Axiom only 6 lb. Couple of things I would look for are the lightest trigger pull, some are 8lbs, Horton had some of the worse trigger pulls, overall weight of the bow, and of course the bolt fps rating. The advertised fps is under perfect conditions so I wouldn't expect to get those speeds. Barnett has been around a long time and most likely have raised their quality, I just remember for so many years Sportsman supply always sold Barnett crossbows like 1/2 of what other bows were running. That makes me stop and think why? Long winded, sorry. I had a Horton Supreme years ago and just got out of the crossbow hunting. With surgery in my recent past I too am thinking of the crossbow to extend my hunting. My pick right now, Excalibur Equinox. Middle of the high end price range. No wheels, light weight, high speed and pretty quiet for a crossbow.