Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - why?
Thread: why?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
B&C 180 Class

Like scentman said, i would pray about it huntnh. God will give you the wisdom, guidance and most importantly the words to say to this man. Your analogy was dead on and makes good sense. God gave all humans a mind and the ability to make our own choices. If that weren't so, we'd ALL be worshiping Christ every second of every minute of every hour, etc... He wants us to CHOOSE him. This man is crying out to you huntnh... If I were you, take him out to coffee or something or go somewhere quiet to talk. Don't worry about helping him except Christ in his life right now, because that's probably the last thing he wants to do. Work slowly, but persistantly and pray as you do your work. You may be the ONLY Christian this man knows in his life right now. Most importantly, watch how you act, what you say and how you live your life around him. It's easy for someone who is defensive about beign a non-Christian to bring up examples they see in you. (that's one thing I HATE!!!)
God does not want bad things to happen to his precious creations, but he allows them to for many reasons. The same could be said about the horrible tornado that just went through southern Missouri in Joplin. ALOT of people died and many are saying "if God loved us He wouldn't have let that happen". That's not the case at all. There are so many reasons why God allows bad things to happen to humans that I can't even list them. But one important one is this, are we going to choose Him when all the other doors are shut and nothing makes sense and life is spirling out of control? are we going to cry out to Him for strength and for control of our lives? Are we going to rely on His power and His authority over this world? That's just be beginning...
Good luck huntnh, you have an awesome priveledge in front of you!