Deer Hunting Forums banner

alright guys....

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
My wife, inlaws, son, and I all went down south this past weekend for a mini-vacation which involved ALOT of swimming at the hotel pool. We went to Springfield and let me tell you, the HEADQUARTERS for Bass Pro is there. The store there was actually the first one ever built. It is AWESOME!! haha Of course, my son was stuffed from eating at Lambert's (another AWESOME thing to go enjoy in Springfield!) and he threw a fit in Bass Pro b/c he wanted to walk all over and having a 3 y/o walk all over that HUGE store is not a good thing. Could've spent about 4+ hours in there and still not have looked at everything. The next day we saw they had a Catalog store next to the HUGE bass pro and we checked it out. Turns out it's like a discount store for bass pro. Bought me a pair of REDHEAD camo bone-dry insulated overalls, originally $220, but bought them for $30. Yeah! now that's awesome. Nothing wrong with them at all. Could've probably stayed in there a little longer and spend alot more money but didn't want to keep the inlaws waiting. :crybaby:
All in all, Springfield is a great place to visit, if you're ever close by. We also went to an Animal Safari place that was cool. Got about 3 ft. from 5 tigers... that about soiled my pants though. Had all kinds of exotic animals and was just a neat experience. :w00t:

#6 ·
For those of you who don't know, Lambert's is famous for their "Thrown Rolls". They have some kid, (probably 18 y/o) who brings out AWESOME homemade HOT rolls and all you do, anywhere you are is just put your hand up and he'll throw (toss) a roll to you. He could be across the restaurant and you could be tucked away in the corner of a booth on the side of the restaurant and he'll put it RIGHT in your hands better than Joe Montana could ever put it in Jerry Rice's hands! hahaha FUN place to eat, and left there hating life (stuffed full of food). hahaha

#7 ·
Tator sounds like a great time
Question I have is you ever notice that "guy" stores always have something for the women & they can just walk around & not complain
try that in a woman's store look around there won't be many guy's in there most are sitting outside in the car or waiting by the front door
I think these stores need to have a hunting & fishing section
Just a thought
Glad you had a great mini vaca.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.