Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Please pray for this man...
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
B&C 180 Class

Very true daddus! Good posting.

Science is one of those things that is hard to explain to non-believers. So much of science makes sense, but so much of it is just theory. It's much easier for human's to put trust into a scientist's theory than to put trust in a God that we can't physically see. I can see how that would be difficult to do. All I can say is that God can work wonders in your life if you put your full faith and trust in him. He'll help you through the tough times and he'll help you to learn to trust in him. Many times when new-Chrisitians go through hard times they think God is going to solve their problem for them. I can't tell you how many times I've been in church and someone new will come to our study group and have a prayer request for something and then never show up again. It's almost like, since they came to church they expect God to do something for them. Or if they get baptized then their life will be so much better... well it will, but you have to be patient with God. He does not use our sense of "time". He uses His. Sometimes He has us go through tough things to make us learn to depend on Him. One good example in my life is my mom and grandma. My mom has lost two sisters in the past 12 years, both unexpectedly due to medical issues that just popped up. My grandma has had to bury 2 out of 3 of her kids. Both of them are stronger today having gone through that then they were before. God is a just GOD. He does things for His reasons. We are His creation and He can use us in ANY way He wants. Your life will be better if you choose Him, but don't expect it to happen over night. When you got your first job in high school did you expect to be promoted to BOSS within a week? NO. Developing a relationship with God takes time and effort on our part. He wants us to fully trust in Him and depend on Him. Not just 75% of the time or even 99.999999% of the time. 100% of the time put all our faith, hope and trust in Him. If you do that, I guarantee you, you will have a more happier and purposeful life!