Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Let Us All Pray for Obama
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 AM
B&C 180 Class

Well first off, Psalms 109 is a prayer for the enemy. I do not consider Obama the enemy. Just because a person has different beliefs than I do doesn't mean I'm going to treat him like my enemy. Now, that said, I do not agree with all his views politically, religiously, ethically and morally. Do I want to see him in office for a 2nd term, HECK no. But what we are saying is that to wish that someone's family be fatherless and wife a widow is awfully harsh. Plus that is meant for the enemy of a fight/war/battle. Now with the recent news of Bin Laden, HE would be considered the enemy. And his wife(s) are now widows and his child(ren) are now fatherless. That would be a good verse for him. My whole point is we need him out of office. I'm not saying someone should cause him harm or anything of the sort. I just want him out of the White House.
If you look at the passages in the Bible, before what Bruce posted, it reads:

1 God of my praise, do not be silent.
2 For wicked and deceitful mouths open against me;
they speak against me with lying tongues.
3 They surround me with hateful words
and attack me without cause.
4 In return for my love they accuse me,
but I continue to pray. 5 They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my love.
6 Set a wicked person over him;
let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7 When he is judged, let him be found guilty,
and let his prayer be counted as sin. 8 Let his days be few;
let another take over his position.

If you read this passage carefully, this is one group trying to overcome another. Obama is not trying to "overtake" us in that way. Now, some would argue that his view are meant to "overtake" us in areas of our lives, but these passages are not meant in that sense. Verse 7 is the most interesting to me... this is for all of those out there who pray to a different god besides the living GOD.
Anyways, that's my take on it... not trying to start anything NH, just my point of view.