Deer Hunting Forums banner

the brand of binox is important?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Karl.Luhr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
can somebody tell me how many brands of binoculars do you know? And what type own good quality and best price?
if you've the chance to buy, do you choose famous binoculars or normal bino?

#5 ·
The type usage you're planning on should determine how much $$ you should spend or plan on spending IMHO. If you simply need something for checking out movement or a couple of deer that show up in the back 40, any decent glass will likely work. But, if you're out west using the glasses for hours on end glassing, I can promise you you'd rather have the best you can afford to avoid eyestrain.

I'd agree that 8X32 or 8X40s are perhaps the most useful sizes in most cases, but if longer ranges are involved 9X40 or even 10X40/42/45 can be an excellent choice as well. As with rifle scopes, better glass and coating will make for better clarity and low light performance. I've never heard anyone say they wished they had spent less on a scope or binoculars....:no:

#9 ·
My Son bought some Leopold Yosmite 8x30s

My Son needed some binos and he bought the 8x30 Yosmite by Leopold. They are poro prisms with rubber armor on them. The depth of field is better then my 28 year old Zeiss 8x30 roof prisms. I think this might be a something that all poro prisms share. His are also much lighter than my armored Zeiss's. He was able to pick them up at Scheed's in Fargo ND for around 80 dollars.

Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.