Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Baseball is Back!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner View Post
I'm especially surprised with AP this early. Albert is the quintessential ballplayer and may well turn out to be da best der eva was!

hey hey, a Pujols fan! He is an awesome player turner... watching him in person is an absolute thrill. When we got to cards games we go early enough to watch BP and he's just unreal. Such a great talent, plus he's a devote Christian (which is cool in itself). I'm just really hoping that he stays in STL. STL is the perfect fit for him. I would hate to see him go, but I would hate even more to seen him go and flop for another team. The thing many people don't realize is that if he goes to the yanks or sox or dodgers they are BIG market teams. There are really good ball players out there that can't make it on those teams because of the pressure. I'm not saying Albert couldn't, but I wouldn't want to see him take that chance. Nothing against those teams, but comon' if you start losing or slumping, they throw you under the bus. If the cards had wainwright going 100% this year they would be a team to contend with. WIthout him, it's questionable.
It's a double edged sword.. if Pujols has a good year his value increases, if he has a down year, he may want out of STL. Who knows, hopefully the fan base can help keep him here. STL has some AWESOME fans