Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Views/Opinions
Thread: Views/Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
B&C 180 Class

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
We are sinners every day and not asking for forgiveness seems to me to be a bit one sided. I do not get to far into the religion of others and can't go to deep in scripture but I believe asking for forgiveness every day keeps my connection with God timely. Every day I make mistakes as a mere mortal human, simply asking for forgiveness for those errors doesn't put me on the lower end of the list, in my opinion. Communication is the key and how you do it is all that matters. That's my religion guide book.

Well HM, I'm glad to hear that you are still praying everyday to God. I would encourage you to continue. There are areas in my Christian life where I don't like "hearing" particular lessons. Every now and then in my adult sunday school class, we'll hit a topic that I don't like to talk about. It happens. The Bible touches every possible area in our lives and many people don't like that. (i'm not saying this of you HM).

What HM is saying about satan is 100% TRUE people. There IS a GOD and there IS a devil. If you don't believe in God you are playing for satan's team. It's just that simple. That's what is so scary. I know SO MANY people (including family) that believe just because they are "good people" they don't have to believe in God or pray to him, or go to church or worship and read his word. But that's the whole point. God holds us all accountable and judgement day will come for all of us. Just to "believe" there is a God is not enough. You have to live a Christian life, worship His Name and most importantly, have a relationship with Him. That's what he wants. That's what he requires. Many times I find myself just "getting by" when it comes to being a Christian, and I have to step back and get that close relationship back.
I can honestly say if you believe in Jesus Christ and that God sent Him to die on the cross for our sins, your life will change.... for the BETTER. But it's not just going to happen over night. We've become a society who expects things RIGHT NOW. That's not the way God works. He doesn't use our sense of time. He uses His. Many young Christians fall away into their old lifestyle b/c they think God isn't doing anything in their lives. And the truth is they didn't even give him a chance! Pray to him to change your life for the better, he will give you UNBELIEVABLE strength and courage and he'll help you through the temptations in your life. He WILL NOT allow a temptation to come to you that is too big. He will allow hard times to come though. Because that's when He wants us to rely on him the most. Being tempted is an everyday thing. Saying "NO" sometimes requires God's help. I know it does in my life.

HM... I hope to hear this story someday... if you want feel free to email me anytime if you like. tay44lor@gmail.com