Deer Hunting Forums banner

The verdict

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Our Government completed it's case against Barry Bonds today. The verdict? Well, I'll call it kinda mixed. They decided (that's what juries do) that Bonds had been somewhat deceptive in some of his answers on a previous go-round with the G-ment.

Everything else.... no opinion. H*ll I couldda told you no opinion a year ago. Why did they waste our money?

If the continued expenditure of monies trying to "convict" an athlete that NEVER EVER tested positive for steroids makes sense to you, well you ain't thinkin' like me. If you think he may have done something wrong... well, go ahead and think it.

I will tell you this much. Whatever BB did was ABSOLUTELY NOT detrimental to his team. He was trying to do well, not harm his team. (ever heard of gambling...??)

Why the fed gov thinks they have any interest in this is waaaaay beyond me. But, perhaps some of you understand. Do you not think some used these drugs before they were ever even talked about? Before they were tested for? Before they had been had??

A major waste of time for our country, a major waste of money that might have been used for "poor people".

It's a major case of the government wasting what I pay.... maybe you do too, maybe not.

See less See more
#2 ·
Turner i agree a waste of money.But do not Bonds give any credit he did steroids for himself because of the money and fame Maguire,Sosa ,and Canseco were getting.Also dont compare his accomplishments to Petes because his were legit.Gambling doesnt allow your bat speed to increase as you age.None of these steroids bums belong in hall and if you think Bonds is a good person then you are wrong in your thinking.LONG LIVE ROGER MARIS!!!!

#4 ·
I absolutely, 100%, with out a doubt, completely, AGREE!

If you and I lied to the government about something, we'd be in court too. Not a BB fan at all, can't stand the guy. To hear someone say "he's a good guy" makes me cringe. How can someone who is so egocentric and selfish be called a "good guy". Maybe it was seeing him take up half the sportscenter every morning, but in my opinion, BB is fake and he's went about this whole thing the wrong way. He care about numero uno and that is IT. If BB don't like it, BB ain't doing it. He's an act.

McGwire in my eyes, did the right thing. Look where he's at now? He didn't lie, he wasn't selfish in his career and egocentric like BB. Mcgwire pleaded the 5th and everything thought he was dumb for doing so. But as an AMERICAN that is our right. Then when all this buzz died down, he came out and admitted. He did not LIE about anything. Now he's coaching in the majors. Canseco, BB, Ramirez and all the others are at home crying to themselves about their lies and washed up careers.

#5 ·
I am not a BB fan, simply someone disappointed that the Federal Government was so adament about getting nosey about baseball's workings and then got all hissy about the fact that someone might have lied to them!! The unmitigated gall of that... someone lying to the government. Of course the Government can lie to you......:unsure: (and that seems to cost them nothing!)

Now as far as "doping" and gambling goes, IMHO there is nothing worse than a participant, coach or referee gambling on games. That strikes to the very core of fair play, hard play and ethical behavior (again in my humble opinion). I think Pete Rose was a great player. He earned and deserved the nickname "Charlie Hustle". But that does not excuse him from breaking the cardinal rule amongst any and all "ballplayers". Betting simply opens the door, widely, to speculation that what occurred is not really what might have occurred.

There was another pretty good ballplayer that paid the ultimate by being linked to gambling and perhaps throwing a World Series as well. Go ahead and google Joe Jackson and see if he wasn't as good a player as PR, but was also banned in the prime of his career for the same type rumors and inuendos.

Think about what crossed your mind 3 or 4 years ago when an NBA ref was found to have gambled on games he was involved in...... :ranting:

#6 ·
I am not a BB fan, simply someone disappointed that the Federal Government was so adament about getting nosey about baseball's workings and then got all hissy about the fact that someone might have lied to them!!

I share your frustration! But the fact remains that they are allowed to be nosey and BB lied to them. I also agree that the gov't lies to us daily, but then again, I didn't vote for half of them in office! :thumbup:

#7 ·
Like i said turner i agree a waste of money.Now for Rose what he did was wrong and he doesnt belong in hall either and he is paying a price.The fact im stating is dont compare maguires,sosas,ramirez,palmeros,bonds to roses achievements.His stats are legit and he declined with age like he should have.The steroid boys were cheaters and complete hacks.Most of em could hardly field a position.You tell me where maguire,canseco,ramirez play on the big red machine.What was Rose did was wrong but it should not tarnish his stats.He did not cheat to become a better player.

#8 ·
I agree with you spiker! I'm not condoning what Mcgwire did, I'm just saying he did the right thing. I would have to say in this situation, he had two legit choices, admit to his guilt or plead the 5th. And comon' who in this country doesn't believe when a person pleads the 5th that they aren't guilty as can be? It was obvious he was guilty, but he pleaded the 5th. He waited till the time was right on his terms (and who doesn't like to admit to doing wrong on their own terms and at their own time?!?!). Brings me back to a time when I was 16 and I got caught going 55mph in a 25mph and it just so happened to be a school zone (middle of summer though). I waited until the following Sunday, IN CHURCH to tell dad. Did I do the right thing, I sure as heck think so. :lol:

BB chose to lie about it from the start. He even got defensive and selfish. He started lashing out at fans and reporters (I can understand the lashing at reporters anways!) and it was all due to his egocentric lifestyle. It's all about BB in his world. No one else matters. I honestly believe that after awhile he actually started to believe he didn't juice up. HA how funny?
Funny pic below! hahaha

#11 ·
The problem with major sports is we pay to see them and they laugh all the way to the bank! I'll take a quiet stream and a small spinning rod/reel and be happier than ever sitting and watching dopers, liars, cheaters, collecting my money. Sports and government working for our future. :thumbdown:

#12 ·
I like baseball the best fellas... yes there are alot of them out there that are just like HM said dopers, liars, cheaters but it's definately not as bad as the NBA and NFL. Comon' you can't even watch either one of those two without some show-boating going on. I used to LOVE watching Magic, Bird and Jordan play all the time growing up. Now days, I can't stand to watch one minute of the NBA. It's pathetic they jog constantly and there's no plays they are running, just every man for himself. It's a joke. I say make it more interesting, Make the rim 12ft high in the NBA and the court 1/2 size bigger. Maybe then there will be more challenge. Dunks are a dime a dozzen.

#14 ·
NASCAR is about the only pro sport I will pay to go see
will go to dartmouth college & like I said earlier minor league it just seems like their hearts are in the game & they are playing to make the big leagues to become overpaid athletes I have more fun paying $15.00 a ticket rather then $50 to whatever they charge now NASCAR at NHMS costs us $60 for the cheap seats

#15 ·
Boxing!!!! You can't forget to mention a real sport like Boxing, team sports are entertaining but don't require skilled athletes to perform well,
Boxing on the other hand you better be skilled and ready if you decide to enter a ring with an opponent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.