Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Views/Opinions
Thread: Views/Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 AM
B&C 180 Class

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
would a storm that wipes out a town and kills a bunch of people be a creation of satan? serious question.I am a child of GOD that has alot of questions and think to much sometimes,Im not trying to stir anything just wondering what ya thought

hellbilly: God allows satan to "live" because we all have a choice to either accept God or to accept satan. Now, God created the earth, and everything that is on, around, and happens on this earth. Unfortunately, sometimes those things include bad situations. God does not allow satan to have complete control over this world for obvious reasons, but he makes it very clear that if we don't choose HIM we will be seeing alot of satan when we die.
Storms are a natural occurance on this earth. Some are much more severe than others. God knows what's going to happen as well. Before a storm hits, he knows if anyone will perish, and he knows what damage will be done. He knows how everything is going to happen. He gave us all minds to make decisions for ourselves, but we're the ones who have to choose Him.
In this case, I don't have an answer as to why God allowed this to happen. I don't understand why God allowed all the stuff in Japan to happen or in Egypt, I honeslty don't know. But God does NOT do things just to be doing them. He has a reason why. It's hard for us to wrap our head around it, but God knows his own reasons.
One thing you can be sure of is that no one knows when their final day is. It may be 40 years away, it may be next week, and it may be in a couple hours. The true question is are you saved by the grace of God? That way is something happens to you, you are going to a truely better place. I'm hoping that the majority of these people killed were Christians, because if so, they are truely in a better place where they will never hurt, never have diseases or sickness again! See when you are a true Christian, death can be a celebration. It's not a dark and horrible thing. Yes, when it's someone who goes before their time it's always hard to take in and accept. But if that person was a Christian, we can give God the glory for saving their sole.

Let me know if you want to talk more about this brother. Good question raised.